Resilience Planning Resources: Step 4 – Develop and Prioritize Resilience Strategies
See the Practical Guide to Building Climate Resilience for more information about each Step and Task.
Task 1 – Prepare for the Resilience Strategy Development Workshop
- California Adaptation Planning Guide: Identifying Adaptation Strategies
- EPA’s Community-Based Adaptation to a Changing Climate website and handout
- National Wildlife Federation’s Green Works for Climate Resilience guide
- IUCN Publication Nature-based Solutions to Address Global Societal Challenges
- Georgetown Climate Center’s Green Infrastructure Toolkit
- Think-nature.eu (hub for dialog, knowledge, networking)
Task 2 – Facilitate the Workshop
- Climate Adaptation Knowledge Exchange (CAKE) provides case studies and resources on climate change adaptation
- Georgetown Climate Center’s Adaptation Clearinghouse helps communities find resources they need to prepare for climate change
- Workshop facilitation resources and workshop openers and activities can be found in Appendix E of the Practical Guide to Building Climate Resilience
Task 3 – Develop Draft Strategies
- The Ostrich Paradox: Why We Underprepare for Disasters by Howard Kunreuther and Robert Meyer explores why humans are so poor at dealing with disastrous risks and what can be done about it when developing strategies to address risk.