The Climate Ready Communities Program
Does your community need to build climate resilience? Are you having a hard time figuring out where to start? We can help.
As the intensity and frequency of hurricanes, floods, droughts, wildfires, heat waves, and other climate-driven disturbances increase, local leaders around the country are realizing they need to build resilience to protect their communities. But many community leaders do not know where to start and they do not have funding to hire a high-priced consultant. Sound familiar? Interested in being a pilot community? Fill out our inquiry form.
About the Program
Climate Ready Communities brings Whole Community Resilience to local governments through an assisted “Do-It-Yourself” approach with 3 elements:
- Comprehensive Practical Guide to Building Climate Resilience for small to medium sized communities (free)
- Subscription service for support ($2,499 for year one, $1,500 per year after that)
- Templates for each step
- Tutorials for each template and key concepts in the Guide
- Monthly 60 minute, live call-in forum
- Email support to address technical system issues or basic questions
- 2 hours of phone consulting per year
- On-line community forum
- Additional support services ($1k – $15k)
- Blocks of additional consulting time
- Local climate change projections
- On-site facilitation, with optional documentation of workshop results
- Webinars on climate and resilience-related topics
The Geos Institute will begin a commercial pilot for the Climate Ready Communities subscription service in May, 2018. This pilot will include all components of the subscription service, which have been beta-reviewed and will be ready for use by communities. The pilot program will run 6 months before the subscription service is made widely available. A limited number of slots are available on a first come, first served basis. Pilot communities will pay the standard subscription price ($2,499), and gain an additional 3 hours of consulting time at no additional cost (for a total of 5 hours).
Communities may decide to participate in the pilot program at any time until the final pilot slots are filled.
For questions about the Climate Ready Communities subscription service,
contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Geoff Weaver at 541-482-4459 x305, or 503-781-7888.